Frequently Asked Questions

Learn More About Help Me Grow

Please read our frequently asked questions below and if you have additional questions, please contact us!

General Questions

Who is eligible for Help Me Grow?

Any family with a young child, birth through age 5, who reside in Ventura County. 

Providers, such as health care professionals, early childhood educators, childcare providers, and other community partners may also benefit from Help Me Grow services such as training and support for the families they serve.

How much does Help Me Grow cost?

Help Me Grow services are free! The program is fully funded by First 5 Ventura County.

What is a developmental screening?

A tool used by parents and professionals to check on a child’s development. It is a short, parent-completed questionnaire with questions about some things your child can and cannot do. It includes questions about your child’s communication, motor skills (like walking and running, but also using their fingers and hands), problem solving, and self-help skills.

How can a Help Me Grow Care Coordinator help me?

The Help Me Grow Care Coordinator is a specially trained professional who can answer questions about your child’s development, behavior, and learning. The Care Coordinator can also provide you with information about ways to promote your child’s development, help you find community resources, make referrals to programs, and provide family support. 

Does Help Me Grow provide therapy or other direct services?

Help Me Grow does not provide direct services or make therapeutic recommendations. We answer questions, provide information, and connect families to useful resources, including the ASQ Online® (Ages & Stages Questionnaire), an online developmental screening tool completed by parents.

How do I contact Help Me Grow?

Connect with us by calling or texting (805) 244-6911 or using our Contact Form for general questions or inquiries. 

To enroll in Help Me Grow services, families can complete the online Family Referral Form 

I’m a provider, how do I refer a family to Help Me Grow?

There are 3 ways to refer a family to Help Me Grow. 

  • Call us at (805) 244-6911.
  • Use the online Provider Referral Form.
  • Fax the Help Me Grow Ventura County Referral Form to (805) 910-3339. The referral form can be found on our Materials page. 
I’m a provider, how do I learn more about developmental screening?

Help Me Grow can support the implementation of developmental screening protocols  in your professional setting. We offer informational sessions, educational materials, and training opportunities. Call (805) 244-6911 or email us for more information.