Are you a parent/caregiver of a child with special needs/special healthcare needs?
Does your agency work directly with families of children with special needs/special healthcare needs?
Please consider taking a survey developed by our community partner, United Parents, to identify the strengths and needs of families with children with mental health/special needs. Survey responses will be used to guide advocacy and develop activities.
Our Mission: Ensuring a child’s optimal development by strengthening the systems connecting families to early identification and intervention services.
Want more information about implementing developmental screening in your setting?
Check out the resource materials we have developed about why to screen, give information about screening tools, and provide referral and resource information.
Early Childhood Educators:
Early Childhood Education
- Support for California Race To the Top/Quality Rating Improvement Scale efforts together with Ventura County Office of Education
- Training on conducting the ASQ-3 and ASQ-SE screening tools
- Support for best practices on screening and referrals
- Family support/navigation for clients needing additional support
- Parent education on developmental milestones
- Standardized screening using ASQ-3 and ASQ-SE
- Referral and linkage to needed services
- Parent support for your child’s healthy development, includes activities and recommendations for optimal growth and development
- Training on implementing standardized developmental screening tools including ASQ-3, PEDS and MCHAT
- Provide ASQ-3 kits and PEDS forms at no charge
- Support for initiating appropriate referrals
- Connecting to community resources
- Information on billing for developmental screenings
- Family support/navigation for patients needing additional support
Supporting developmental surveillance, screening, and referral in Ventura County
Contact us at (805) 981-6617